The purpose of feature is the ability to add additional participants based a selection on the form. Utilized when names must be collected for these additional registrants.
If the gold sponsor of an event receives three extra dinner spots based on the sponsorship level selected and names must be recorded.
When additional tickets are sold for an event and names must be collected.
To set up Smart Adding:
- First step is to add a registration group by clicking on 'Add Guest Fields' - a registration group name will appear with two head beside the field.;
- Add the name to the for the field.
- Select either 'Horizontal (Best for 5 fields or less) or 'Vertical (best for more than 5 fields) ' radio button and click on 'Continue'- the following screen will open.
- Next click on 'View Registration Group Properties' - red arrow in above picture - screen below will appear.
- In the 'Add Registrants Option' click off ' Show Buttons to Add Registrants'.
- Click on 'Save'.
- Click on 'Setup Smart Adding' - the following screen will open.
- Two option for Rule Settings:
- Linked to Field - used when a number is linked to a value - How many tickets would you like to purchase?
- Select 'Linked to Field' radio button.
- Select 'Field' in the drop-down box.
- Click on 'Add' - the rule will appear below.
- Click on 'Done' to close the window.
- On the form the Smart Adding linked to logical will appear as:
- Logical - Used when field is dependent on a selection - Gold Sponsor includes 3 additional spots with selection.
- Select the 'Field' the additional guests will be linked to.
- Select the Operator options with the drop down box - in the example - 'Is equal to'.
- Enter in the value of the 'Field Option' - ensure this is the same name used in the field type value.
In the '# Guests to add' drop-down select the number of additional guest spots to add.
Click on 'Save' - the rule will now appear below.
Click on 'Done' to close the window.
- On the form the Smart Adding logical will appear as: