You can easily integrate and create a new stripe merchant account directly from one of your forms. This is useful for event organizers who don't have an existing merchant account, who want a separate account to collect registration fees, or who want to move away from their current merchant account provider. Please follow the steps below:
- Log in to ePly with your username and password.
- Select the form that has registration fees or create a new form from the templates that are "with a fee", Ticket Sales, or Golf Tournament.
- Click on Payment Options from the left menu.
- Select your currency from the drop down.
- Check the Credit Card option.
- Click "Edit" beside the Credit Card option. *You should now be seeing the image below.
- Click the "Connect with Stripe" button. You will be re-directed to the Stripe Connect page. The screen on the Stripe website will vary depending on whether you already have a Stripe account and whether you are currently logged in to your Stripe account.
- If you do not have a Stripe account yet, click the 'Sign up' link in the top right to create a new Stripe account. See Stripe Pricing.
- If you have a Stripe account already and are not logged in to Stripe, click the blue "Sign in with Stripe to connect" button.
- If you have a Stripe account already AND are already logged in to Stripe, you will not see the following screen and should see the 'Authorize access...' button shown in the next step.
- Enter the requested details and click the blue "Authorize access to this account".
- You will be re-directed back to ePly where you will see your integrated Stripe account in the Payment Options beside Credit Card as (Stripe-"your business name"-"currency" eg. cad)
You have successfully created and integrated a Stripe merchant account and your registration form (and future forms collecting fees) will process credit cards and collect payment directly on the form.
Testing your Merchant Account
You can test if the account is integrated and fees are being collected by making the registration form live, submitting a registration, and inputting a real credit card to be charged. Once the form has been submitted and no errors were reported, you can double check if the charge went through by logging into your Stripe account via https://dashboard.stripe.com/login
. You will see the charge clearly in the Payment tab under Transactions (in the left menu).
After testing, remember to delete your registration from Reports > Primary Registrants and refund yourself. For more information, please see Processing Refunds
Alternatively, you can contact ePly by phone at 1-800-507-3759 and pressing "2" or by email at email@example.com
and we will test the account for you.