Auto Delete Unpaid Registrations
To automatically delete unpaid registrations, go to Payment Options > Status Options. Scroll down and select "Yes" (see image below).
Configure Initial Registration Status
Depending on the financial policies you institute surrounding registration payment, the ePly system has a number of different ways to react to declined or abandoned payments during the registration process. If the registration is left unpaid, you may either confirm the registration, put the registration "on hold". You may adjust this in the Status Options, located under Payment Options.
- Live: If a status is set to "Live", it means that the registration is handled normally, and is counted in all reports and limits.
- Pending: A "Pending" registration is kept as a record in the system, but the attendee does not receive a confirmation of their registration. This status allows the event planner to follow up with the unpaid registrations, while also keeping the option to allow or disallow access to items with limited availability (see below). The Status can be upgraded to "Live" once payment (or arrangements for payment) is received.
Various combinations can be set for five different scenarios:
- Approved Credit Card: The attendee's registration has been submitted, with payment successfully processed. The standard setting would be "Live", but "Pending" may be used if your form is an application, with each attendee requiring pre-approval.
- Declined Credit Card: The attendee has entered and submitted their credit card information, but the payment is declined for any reason.
- Credit Card Not Attempted: The attendee has selected Credit Card method of payment, has submitted their registration, but then abandoned the page before entering their payment information.
- Non Credit Card Payment: The attendee has selected a cheque, P.O., or other non-credit card payment.
- No Payment Required: The attendee has registered without adding any items with fees. If your event is free of charge, this would be the default scenario.