To change your password:
- Login to the ePly system
- Click "Account" at the top right of the page
- Click "Change Password" in the left menu
- Follow the steps to complete the change.
Guildlines for choosing a strong password
Choosing Good Passwords
Choosing good passwords can be difficult, so here are some quick tips for creating passwords that are secure yet easy to remember.
- Dictionary words including foreign languages.
- Any names.
- Your login name in any form.
- Any easily obtained information about you (driver’s license number, phone number, make of your car, name of your street, etc.)
- A password of all digits or of the same letter.
- A password shorter than 6 characters.
- A mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers and punctuation.
- Pronounceable nonsense words (easier to remember than random characters)
- A different password for protecting your most sensitive material.
- A standard core with a suffix and prefix specific to the material being protected.
- The first letter of each word in a favorite song, poem or phrase.
- A password that is easy for you to remember so you don’t have to write it down.
- Short words joined together with punctuation.
- Example: I-l0V3-t0.sw!M is easily remembered and gives 100% in the strength Meter listed below
To test the strength of your password, go to www.passwordmeter.com.