Creating a custom role allows Client Administrators to take full control of the functionalities that can be accessed by users created in the same account. The steps below will give you a brief overview on how to create the custom role and pick the accessible functionalities.
Create Custom Role
- Click on 'ACCOUNT' at the top right of the page.
- Click on 'MANAGE ROLES' from the left menu.
- From here, give the role a name by typing in the box and click 'Add Role'.
- Next, you can select from the following sections and activate each function by checking boxes to allows users to View, Edit and/or give permission to Add or Delete.
- View - Allows user to see the feature/function
- Edit - Allows user to edit text areas such as labels and/or edit field labels, pricing, validation, or logic.
- Add - Allows user to add fields or features
- Delete - Allows user to delete fields or features
Apply Custom Role
Just like how you set the different default roles when you Create New Users in the Same Account, your new custom role will be available when assigning the user role.
- From the 'ACCOUNT' tab, in 'CLIENT SETTINGS', click the 'Users' tab in the sub-menu.
- Click 'Edit' on the same line as the person you want to assign the custom role to
- In the 'User Role and Events Access List' section, you can now select the custom role in the drop down.