You can add a column to a custom report that contains a formula to perform a calculation, combine text fields or even add text to the value of an existing field.
Steps to add a calculated column:
- Start a new custom report or go into the settings area of an existing report.
- Click Add New Calculated Column.
- Give the column a Caption.
- Use the insert field drop down to select the fields to use in your formula, see below for examples.
- For arithmetic calculations, separate the fields with a +, -, / or *.
- Set the column format using the drop down list on the right.
- If you are doing an arithmetic calculation, set the Column Format to integer, decimal or currency as required.
- If doing a simple text concatenation, set the Column Format to text.
- Save the column.
Get the total number of tickets someone purchased if you have different ticket categories:
[Member tickets] + [Non-Member tickets]
If you want to combine the registrant's first and last name into one column.
[First Name] [Last Name]