The purpose of feature is the ability to add additional participants based a selection on the form. Utilized when names must be collected for these additional registrants. Example 1:
If the gold sponsor of an event receives three extra dinner spots based on the sponsorship level selected and names must be recorded. Example 2:
When additional tickets are sold for an event and names must be collected.
To set up Smart Adding:
- First step is to add a registration group by clicking on 'Add Guest Fields' - a registration group name will appear with two head beside the field.;
- Add the name to the for the field.
- Select either 'Horizontal (Best for 5 fields or less) or 'Vertical (best for more than 5 fields) ' radio button and click on 'Continue'- the following screen will open.
- Next click on 'View Registration Group Properties' - red arrow in above picture - screen below will appear.
- In the 'Add Registrants Option' click off ' Show Buttons to Add Registrants'.
- Click on 'Save'.
- Click on 'Setup Smart Adding' - the following screen will open.
- Two option for Rule Settings:
- Linked to Field - used when a number is linked to a value - How many tickets would you like to purchase?
- Select 'Linked to Field' radio button.
- Select 'Field' in the drop-down box.
- Click on 'Add' - the rule will appear below.
- Click on 'Done' to close the window.
- On the form the Smart Adding linked to logical will appear as: