This article is intended for current MemberClick's Atlas Association Management Software(AMS) customers. Please contact email@example.com or visit www.memberclicks.com for more information about the Atlas AMS and its features.
Integrate your Atlas account with an ePly account to support the following workflows:
- Member SSO to ePly: Allow members with profiles in your Atlas account to single sign-on(SSO) from Atlas to ePly forms pre-populated with their general contact fields. Create ePly form logic based on these fields, e.g. pricing logic based on member status. Any updates made to their general contact fields on an ePly submission can be automatically updated on their corresponding Atlas profile.
- Onsite check-in automation: Manage event registration in Atlas but utilize ePly's onsite barcode check-in solution without the need to manually export and import data and manage changes between systems. Attendees recorded in Atlas events will automatically sync with ePly events. Upon check-in through ePly, attendance is automatically recorded in Atlas. Any updates made to an attendee's general contact fields in ePly can be automatically updated on their corresponding Atlas attendee record.
Member SSO to ePly
First, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup the initial connection between your Atlas and ePly accounts. Once the connection is established, you can enable member SSO for any ePly form by adhering the following text to the end of any form link: "?atlassso=true"
Next, consider where to place this SSO link and what the member experience will be.
- If the SSO form link is placed in Atlas behind the member's login, the member would simply click the link and be automatically directed to the ePly form pre-populated with their profile general contact fields.
- If the SSO form link is placed in Atlas outside of the member's login, at a different website like a standalone event webpage or within an email like an invitation, the member would click the link and be directed to an Atlas login. Once logged in, the member would immediately be shown the ePly form pre-populated with their profile general contact fields.
Finally, decide if you want Atlas profiles automatically updated if a registrant edits their profile general contact fields. To enable this setting, open the form in ePly and navigate to General Settings > Options and check-off Enable Single Sign-On Update.
If applicable, create ePly form logic based on profile general contact fields including the Atlas member status. Visit this help article for more information about form logic: https://help.eply.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016293071-Logic and contact email@example.com for help setting up pricing logic specifically based on Atlas member status.
Atlas profile general contact fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Organization Name (read-only)
- Zip Code/Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Member Status (true or false)
Test the SSO link using a test profile, change a couple general contact fields, confirm any form logic and submit the form. Open the corresponding Atlas profile to see if your changes appear.
You are now ready to place the SSO link in its final location for members.
Onsite check-in automation
First, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup the initial connections between your Atlas and ePly accounts. Once the connection is established, you can synchronize any Atlas event with any ePly event to conduct onsite check-in.
- Open your event and create a couple test registrations and attendees.
Note its event ID, e.g. 301
- Create an event corresponding to your Atlas event. Give it a similar name.
Choose template #3, basic form with no fee, if you're unsure which template to choose or you're not copying an existing form.
- Within the form, navigate to General Settings > Options
- Input the Atlas event ID.
- Check-off the following setting if attendees in Atlas should be automatically added and
updated to ePly every night: Enable Atlas Event Attendee Auto Update. This process can be run manually at any time within the Primary Registrants report.
- Check-off the following setting if changes made to registrations in ePly should
automatically update their corresponding attendee record in Atlas: Update Atlas attendee when making changes in ePly. This includes the attended checkbox and general contact fields.
- Save page.
Test the following integration tasks.
If at any point you feel you've made a mistake, you can create a new ePly event from the View My Forms page and start over.
- Add attendees from Atlas to ePly(as registrations). Start in ePly
- Navigate to Reports > Primary Registrants report
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button(top center) Wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if the registrations appear.
- Update Atlas attendees from their corresponding ePly registrations. Start in ePly
- Open one of the test registration’s details page.
- Check-off its check-In status and edit any of the general contact fields retrieved from Atlas. (See the section above for the specific fields retrieved from Atlas) Note the changes you made.
- Save page
- Wait a few moments, open Atlas and navigate to the event attendees list.
- See if the attended checkbox is checked and open the test attendee’s details and see if the changes made in ePly appear.
You may need to close and reopen the event in Atlas to see the changes. If you do not see the field you changed, you may need to navigate to the event's Registration Fields settings and check-off the field next to Attendee.
Notice the Custom Field 5 value under Miscellaneous Fields. This is the ePly registration ID. Do not edit this field as the result will be duplicate registrations in ePly for this
- Update ePly registrations from their corresponding Atlas attendees. Start in Atlas.
- Use the same test attendee from test 2 and reverse the changes to their original values.
- Save page
Note that unchecking an attendee's attended checkbox in Atlas does not uncheck the corresponding registrant's check-in status in ePly. A best practice would be to not use the attended checkbox in Atlas.
- Return to ePly and navigate to the Primary Registrants report.
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button
Wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if the changes appear. You may
need to open the registration’s details page to see the changes.
You are now ready to make your form live and start checking-in people using an ePly report and/or the check-in app. Be sure to email attendees their tickets and barcodes or setup name badges with barcodes if using any of these features.