This article is intended for current MemberClick's Atlas Association Management Software (AMS) customers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.memberclicks.com for more information about the Atlas AMS and its features.
Integrate your Atlas AMS account with an ePly account to conduct onsite attendee check-in scanning and create custom name badges.
With this integration you will continue to manage event registration in Atlas but utilize ePly's barcode check-in solution without the need to manually export and import data or manage the same changes in both systems. Attendees recorded in Atlas events will automatically sync with ePly events. Upon checking in through ePly, attendance is automatically recorded in Atlas. Any update made to an attendee's general contact fields in ePly is automatically updated to their corresponding Atlas attendee record AND profile.
Atlas attendee general contact fields synchronized with ePly:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Name for Badge
- Organization Name (read-only)
- Zip Code/Postal Code
- Phone Number
First, contact email@example.com to setup the initial connection between your Atlas and ePly accounts. Once the connection is established, you can synchronize any Atlas event with any ePly event to conduct onsite check-in.
- Open an existing event or create a new event with a couple test registrations with attendees.
Note its event ID, e.g. 327
- Create an event corresponding to your Atlas event. Give it a similar name.
Choose template #3, basic form with no fee, if you're unsure which template to choose or you're not copying an existing form.
- Within the form, navigate to General Settings > Options
- Input the Atlas event ID.
- Check the following setting to allow ePly to automatically add and update attendees from your Atlas event. Add/update Attendees from Atlas to ePly (as Primary Registrants). This process runs automatically every night but can be run manually at any time from the Primary Registrants report. During the days of your event the process will automatically run every 5 minutes.
- Check the following setting to allow ePly to automatically record attendance and any updates made to an attendee's contact information in Atlas. Contact information is updated in both the attendee record and the profile. Update attendees in Atlas from ePly.
- Save page.
Additional ePly details specific to Atlas events:
- Default Primary Registrants' status is Demo.
- On the first day of your event (based on the date in Atlas):
- Primary registrants' status changes from Demo to Live
- Event status changes from Test to Open
If at any point you feel you've made a mistake, you can create a new ePly event from the View My Forms page and start over. An Atlas Event ID can only be used on 1 ePly form at a time so you would need to delete it from the form you've decided to start over with before adding it to a new form.
- Start in ePly Manually sync attendees from Atlas to ePly
- Navigate to Reports > Primary Registrants report.
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button (top center).
- Wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if Atlas attendees begin to appear.
- Start in ePly Update an attendee from ePly to Atlas (updates attendee record and profile)
- Staying on the Primary Registrants report, click a name to open one their details page.
- Check off its check-In status and edit a contact field. Note the change you made.
- Save page.
- Wait a few moments, open Atlas and navigate to the event's attendees list.
- See if the attended checkbox is checked, open the attendee’s details to see if the change you made is present (review the profile for the same changes).
You may need to refresh the attendee list to see the changes. If you do not see the field you changed, you may need to navigate to the event's Registration Fields settings and check off the field next to Attendee.
Notice the Custom Field 5 value under Miscellaneous Fields. This is the ePly registration ID. Do not edit this field as it would result in a duplicate attendee in ePly.
- Start in Atlas Update an attendee record from Atlas to ePly
- Use the same attendee from the previous test and reverse the change to its original value.
- Save page.
Note that unchecking an attendee's attended checkbox in Atlas does not uncheck the check-in status in ePly as ePly is now intended to be the system of record for attendance. A best practice is to not use the attended checkbox in Atlas.
- Return to ePly and navigate to the Primary Registrants report.
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button.
- Wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if the reverted change appears. You may
need to open the attendee’s details page to see the change.
You are now ready to start checking in attendees using the ePly check-in app or an ePly report with the check-in status checkbox column. Be sure to email attendees their barcode tickets and/or setup name badges with barcodes.