This article is intended for current MemberClick's Atlas Association Management Software(AMS) customers. Please contact email@example.com or visit www.memberclicks.com for more information about the Atlas AMS and its features.
Integrate your Atlas AMS account with an ePly account to conduct onsite attendee check-in scanning and create custom name badges.
With this integration you will continue to manage event registration in Atlas but utilize ePly's barcode check-in solution without the need to manually export and import data or manage the same changes in both systems. Attendees recorded in Atlas events will automatically sync with ePly events. Upon checking in through ePly, attendance is automatically recorded for attendees in Atlas. Any updates made to an attendee's general contact fields in ePly is automatically updated on their corresponding Atlas attendee record.
Atlas profile general contact fields sync'd with ePly:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Organization Name (read-only)
- Zip Code/Postal Code
- Phone Number
First, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup the initial connection between your Atlas and ePly accounts. Once the connection is established, you can synchronize any Atlas event with any ePly event to conduct onsite check-in.
- Open an existing event or create a new event with a couple test registrations with attendees.
Note its event ID, e.g. 301
- Create an event corresponding to your Atlas event. Give it a similar name.
Choose template #3, basic form with no fee, if you're unsure which template to choose or you're not copying an existing form.
- Within the form, navigate to General Settings > Options
- Input the Atlas event ID.
- Check the following setting to allow ePly to automatically retrieve and update attendees from your Atlas event. Enable Atlas Event Attendee Auto Update. Note that this process runs automatically every night but can be run manually at any time within the Primary Registrants report.
- Check the following setting to allow ePly to automatically record attendance in Atlas and any updates made to an attendee's contact information. Update Atlas attendee when making changes in ePly.
- Save page.
Test the following integration tasks.
If at any point you feel you've made a mistake, you can create a new ePly event from the View My Forms page and start over. Note that an Atlas Event ID can only be used on 1 ePly form at a time thus you would need to delete it from the form you've decided to start over with before adding it to a new form.
- Start in ePly Manually sync attendees from Atlas to ePly
- Navigate to Reports > Primary Registrants report
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button(top center, wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if Atlas attendees begin to appear.
- Start in ePly Update attendees records from ePly to Atlas
- Staying on the Primary Registrants report, open one of the attendee’s details page.
- Check-off its check-In status and edit any of the general contact fields. Note the change you made.
- Save page
- Wait a few moments, open Atlas and navigate to the event's attendees list.
- See if the attended checkbox is checked and open the attendee’s details to see if the change you made is present.
You may need to refresh the attendee list to see the changes. If you do not see the field you changed, you may need to navigate to the event's Registration Fields settings and check-off the field next to Attendee.
Notice the Custom Field 5 value under Miscellaneous Fields. This is the ePly registration ID. Do not edit this field as it would result in a duplicate attendee in ePly.
- Start in Atlas Update attendees records from Atlas to ePly
- Use the same attendee from the previous test and reverse the change to its original value.
- Save page
Note that unchecking an attendee's attended checkbox in Atlas does not uncheck the check-in status in ePly. Best practice is to not use the attended checkbox in Atlas.
- Return to ePly and navigate to the Primary Registrants report.
- Click the Atlas Attendee Update button
Wait a few moments, refresh the report and see if the change appear. You may
need to open the attendee’s details page to see the change.
You are now ready to make your ePly form live and start checking in people using the ePly check-in app or an ePly report. Be sure to email attendees their barcode tickets or setup name badges with barcodes.