Please contact email@example.com for more information about this add-on solution and to see it in action.
What is it?
ePly Virtual Venue is an uncomplicated day-of online event destination. Primarily focused on the attendee experience, ePly Virtual Venue consists of 3 pages: a sessions page, exhibit hall, an about page and the lobby bar that displays at the top of all pages to keep attendees engaged. Attendees register through ePly and planners control when login credentials are distributed. Our Learning Management Software (LMS) can play a role in housing session recordings and other content post-event.
How do I set up a virtual venue?
Click Sites in the top navigation and click Add a new venue. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see Sites.
Give your event a name, specify a subdomain name (i.e. eventname.virtualvenue.eply.com) and input an ePly form ID. This information can be changed until the venue's status is changed. A Vanity URL (e.g. myeventname.com) can be used in addition to the virtualvenue.eply.com address.
Venue statuses: Note that you can only change a status forward, not backwards.
- Planning: Registrants cannot access the venue. Only admins can from the Sites page or by direct login.
- Pre-event: Registrant login credentials are emailed immediately. They can login to ensure their credentials work but will see a message that the event isn't live. No event content is shown.
- Live: Registrants can login and see event content.
- Post-event: Registrants cannot login. This status is automatically enabled 14 days after your ePly form's event end date.
Once a venue has been created, click the icon to launch it in a new browser tab. You should then see the venue's default login page as pictured below. Please contact us for administrative login access.
Settings & Content
By default, some content has been preloaded to help you get started. You can use these as templates to add additional content or remove them.
Click Edit Venue next to Log Out to enter the venue's edit mode. You will see edit buttons appear throughout the page and venue level settings at the very top of the screen.
Note that images, files and videos used throughout the venue need to be stored in a separate file sharing application (e.g. ePly's image manager, DropBox, etc). Only public links to these content elements are saved in the venue. Also, being familiar with editing HTML is helpful. Free online HTML editors can be used to copy and paste HTML to and from the various sections listed below.
- Event name, logo, banner & color scheme.
- Preview Event Time: Change it to a time during your live event to see how live agenda items are labeled and appear in the top bar.
- Click Modify sponsors. Up to 6 links can be input and will rotate in the venue automatically.
- Click Add a new session at the bottom of the agenda in the right panel of the sessions page.
- Click the new session to show it and then click Edit above the session name on the left side of the screen to open its settings
- Complete the time, session title & speaker name
- The URL path can be edited to change what appears in the browser's address bar.
- Input the session's Zoom* ID and passcode to embed the webinar/meeting. Your Zoom account settings must already be in your ePly account and the specific webinars/meetings need to be added on the linked ePly form to track attendance on the form.
- Leave the ID blank to hide the Zoom video window.
- Leave the passcode blank to require attendees manually input it before joining or to use the the Zoom waiting room feature.
- The same Zoom ID can be used on multiple sessions.
- Modify the HTML to control the content that appears below the Zoom video window. Advanced users can modify the HTML to show content above the Zoom video window, embed non-Zoom video conferencing solutions(note that you would lose ePly's automated session attendance tracking), embed externally hosted videos or prerecorded sessions, or other third party applications.
- Click Add attachment to share a file with attendees.
- Click Save
*See our Zoom integration help article for more details but note the following differences when using Virtual Venue.
- When first creating or adding a Zoom webinar/meeting in ePly, you will be prompted to select whether it will be used with Virtual Venue. Select Yes. Registrants will not be registered in Zoom and thus will not receive a Zoom email(s) with join information and a calendar invite. In other words, attendees must access the venue to join the webinar(s)/meeting(s) and not directly through Zoom.
- Registration cannot be enabled for Zoom webinar(s)/meeting(s) if adding an existing one.
- Do not use the Manually Approve setting. It will turn Zoom registration on if enabled.
At this time Zoom does not support the following with their Web SDK. If you want to use these features for a session(s), include the direct Zoom join link in the Virtual Venue session for your attendees to launch the standalone Zoom application instead of embedding Zoom.
- Gallery and Ribbon View
- Breakout Rooms
- Click Add a new exhibitor at the bottom of the right panel of the exhibitor page.
- Click the new exhibitor to show it and click Edit on the right side of the screen to open its settings
- Input a URL to the logo
- Complete the name & short description
- Modify the HTML to control the content that appears below the exhibitor logo, name & description. Edit as needed with the same flexibility as the session HTML content area.
- Check the box for Enable lead retrieval to show a button on the exhibitor for attendees to opt-in to be contacted by the exhibitor. At this time, leads must be manually provided to you for distribution to exhibitors.
- Click Save
Adding content to the About page:
- Click edit to view a section's HTML content. Edit as needed with the same flexibility as the session and exhibitor HTML content areas.
Test your venue and review the statuses above before changing to the pre-event and live modes.
Currently, ePly records the count and list of attendees that logged into the venue and exhibitor leads. Please contact email@example.com after the event for these numbers.
Individual session attendance is recorded on the ePly All Fields check-in report for Zoom webinars/meetings when they have been linked to individual ePly form fields.
- How do I create logins? Admin access is provided through the ePly Sites page of your account. Attendee access is emailed to all registrants when the venue's status is changed to pre-event.
- How do I upload content to my venue? While in the venue's edit mode, click an element's edit button. URLs to externally hosted image and attachment files can be input. Files themselves are not uploaded to the venue. Additional imagery, files, videos, and third party tools are embedded using the HTML content areas.
- Do I have to use Zoom? No. You can embed non-Zoom video conferencing solutions if they support being embedded in third party websites. Note that you would lose ePly's automated Zoom attendance tracking.
- I don't know how to edit HTML code. Many third party HTML editors are available, some are free. While in the venue's edit mode, click an element's edit button. Simply copy and paste the HTML code to and from an external HTML editor.
- Where can I place sponsorship logos/content? Prebuilt locations include the lobby bar (up to 6 logos) and the Sponsors section on the About page. Flexible locations include creating a dedicated session or modifying an existing one to include sponsor content. Modify its HTML to display the imagery and information you need. Advanced users can modify the HTML to show sponsor content above the Zoom video window.
- How do I remove access for attendees/someone? Attendee access is automatically removed 14 days after your ePly form's event end time. Individual attendee access and admin access cannot be revoked at this time.