This help article is part of a series of Virtual Venue articles used as a guide for setting up a virtual event, understanding the attendee experience, building out event content, and executing the event. Start here to see all Virtual Venue articles including FAQs, best practices and troubleshooting steps.
Venue site settings & content
By default, some content has been preloaded to help you get started. You can use these as templates to add additional content or remove them. Site branding and colors can be changed too.
Note that images, videos and other files used throughout the venue need to be stored in a separate file sharing application (e.g. ePly's image manager, YouTube, Google Drive, etc*.). Only public URLs to these content elements can be saved in the venue. There is not a file size limit or list of supported file type
Being familiar with editing HTML is helpful but not completely required. Free online editors (e.g. https://summernote.org**) can be used to copy and paste HTML code to and from the various HTML content sections throughout a venue site as reviewed below. This is another resource for modifying HTML: https://www.w3schools.com/
*MemberClicks AMS customers can also use the Oasis media manager or Atlas web content manager.
**You can also use the existing ePly editor used for email notification.
MemberClicks AMS customers can use the existing editor in your respective AMS. e.g. Oasis website article editor.
If using Summernote, do not choose Select From Files when inserting an image as it will result in adding a huge amount of unnecessary HTML characters. Use the Image URL option instead.
ePly is working towards including a built-in editor in Virtual Venue.
Venue site Edit Mode
Click Edit Venue next to Log Out to enter the venue's edit mode. You will see edit buttons appear throughout the page.
Venue Settings: (top of the page)
- Event name
- Event logo(shown in site header). The logo will resize to fit automatically.
- Banner image(shown on login page). The banner image does not resize at this time. Content may be cut off on smaller or lower resolution screens. Use an image much wider than tall. e.g. 800x150px.
- Color scheme
- Preview Event Time: Change this to a time during your live event to see how live agenda items are labeled and appear.
ePly is working towards new features to rename pages, order pages and rename the the About page sections. Estimated release is late January but delays are possible.
- Click Modify sponsors. Up to 6 URLs can be input and will rotate in the venue automatically.
- The "Brought to you by" text will not display if all logos are removed.
- Click Add a new session at the bottom of the agenda in the right panel of the sessions page.
- Click the new session to show it and then click Edit above the session name on the left side of the screen to open its settings
- Complete the time, session title & speaker name
- The URL path can be edited to change what appears in the browser's address bar.
- Input a Zoom ID* and passcode to embed the webinar/meeting. Do not add the Zoom join URL. At this time we do not offer another video conferencing solution but we are exploring other popular providers.
See this help article if you need to track Zoom attendance in ePly. Note that Zoom will also track attendance. Start at the Create or Add a Zoom meeting(s) to an ePly form section.
- Leave the Zoom ID blank to hide the embedded Zoom video window.
- Leave the passcode blank to require attendees manually input it before joining or to use the the Zoom waiting room feature.
- The same Zoom ID can be used on multiple sessions.
- If there are Zoom features not yet supported in Virtual Venue, you can include the Zoom join link instead of embedding Zoom. This will launch the desktop Zoom application.
- Modify the HTML to control the content that appears below the Zoom video window.
- Advanced users can modify the HTML to show content above the Zoom video window, embed non-Zoom video conferencing solutions, embed externally hosted videos or prerecorded sessions, or other third party applications. See the sample date included in your venue for examples and review the note at the top of this article about hosting files on a file sharing application.
- Click Add attachment to share a file with attendees.
- Click Save
*You must have already set up the Zoom integration with your ePly account and have created a meeting directly in Zoom or through the ePly form linked to your venue site. See the previous help article in this series for additional Zoom details and our main Zoom help article to setup the integration, to learn about creating Zoom meetings and specific Zoom settings to include or not include.
- Open the exhibitor page and click Add a new exhibitor in the right panel.
- Click the new exhibitor in the right panel and then click Edit on the right side of the screen to open its settings
- Input a URL to the logo
- Complete the name & short description
- Modify the HTML to control the content that appears below the exhibitor logo, name & description. Edit the HTML content as needed with the same flexibility as the session page. You are in control of the amount and variation of content loaded per exhibitor. i.e. Load morecontent for top tier exhibitors. There is not a feature for exhibitor to load their own content. See the sample date included in your venue for examples and review the note at the top of this article about hosting files on a file sharing application.
- Check the box for Enable lead retrieval to show a button on the exhibitor for attendees to opt-in to be contacted by the exhibitor. Leads can be downloaded from the Sites page in ePly when the venue is in Live status.
- Click Save
Exhibit Hall example
Adding content to the About page:
- Click edit to view a section's HTML content. Edit as needed with the same flexibility as the session and exhibitor HTML content areas. See the sample date included in your venue for examples and review the note at the top of this article about hosting files on a file sharing application.
Test your venue content, test the embedded Zoom experience and review venue status.